Policies and Information
If you are smoking in our buildings, you’d better be on fire.
- All rates quoted are PER PERSON, PER DAY. Rates are subject to change based on season, availability, and economy. Special rates are offered periodically, especially for mid-week or off-season bookings.
- Occupancy (number of people per room) depends on group size. Maximum occupancy is set by the Watauga County Fire Marshall.
- Rates include 3 meals per day and all linens and towels.
- Reservations are normally for a minimum of two days. One-day reservations can be negotiated at the Conference Center’s discretion.
- All bills are payable no later than check-out. The group leader is responsible for collecting all funds related to accommodations and meals. We ask for one payment per group. The Conference Center does not manage individual bookings unless by special arrangement.
- Our insurance company requires all groups to provide a Certificate of Insurance, naming the Valle Crucis Conference Center as an additional insured for the dates of your retreat. If you cannot furnish this document, we can provide a policy to you for a charge of $115.
- When you make your reservation, a deposit of $200 per building is due within 14 days of receiving your contract.
- An additional deposit of 50% of the minimum guarantee is due no later than 120 days prior to your conference.
- Payment in full is due upon arrival, and absolutely no later than check-out.
- If you cancel at least 120 days prior to your scheduled arrival date, we will refund any deposit over your non-refundable hold deposit.
- If you cancel any time after 119 days prior to your scheduled arrival date and have paid all deposits due, we will refund your entire deposit we will refund any deposit over your non-refundable hold deposit.IF we can re-book your building(s) at the full rate. If we cannot re-book your building(s), you will also be responsible for the minimum amount for the building(s) cancelled.
- If two or more buildings are reserved and you decide you will not need all of them, you will forfeit the deposit on the unused building, subject to the above conditions. Your per-person rate may also change if the cost of the buildings was averaged.
- So we can prepare adequately for your arrival, please indicate the number of people you GUARANTEE will be at your conference. You will be charged for meals if there is a difference between your guaranteed number and your final count.
- Please inform us of this guaranteed number at least 5 business days prior to your arrival. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Weddings and other large events will be asked for a $200 damage deposit. The deposit will be held and returned within 30 days after your conference is complete if there are no damages or unpaid charges.
- Check-in is 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out is 10:00 a.m. preceding your lunch on the day of departure, unless pre-arranged differently.
- We reserve the right to ask your group to vacate guest rooms earlier than the stated check-out time so that housekeeping staff can clean bedrooms for same-day group arrivals.
- If other arrangements are necessary, please contact the office prior to your visit, and we will be happy to work with you to accommodate requests.
- In order to maintain standing dates for conferences, we must ask that you officially re-book your dates from year to year; otherwise, we will assume that you are forfeiting your date.
- Re-booking procedures include the standard $200 per building deposit within 14 days of your departure, and a newly completed, signed reservation contract.
- We cannot always guarantee the exact dates the following year for your group. We will always try our best to work with you to find a satisfactory alternate.
- The vast majority of our guests have cell phones or other mobile devices now; however, cell and data reception can be spotty in the mountains, so please plan accordingly. We have a switchboard number and telephones in each building. The main office number is (828) 963-4453.
- Callers trying to reach a group during non-office hours may ring a building directly and leave a message for the group on the building’s voicemail.
- To call out of each building, dial 9 and then the desired number. Long distance numbers can only be dialed with an 800 access number or calling card.
- In the event of an emergency, after-office phone numbers for the manager on duty are provided to group leaders and on our outgoing voicemail message.
- Breakfast: 8:00 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon
- Dinner 6:00 p.m.*
- Please ensure that your group is on time for meals. If your group will be late to a meal, please call the office. We can adjust meal times if your group is the only organization using the conference center.
- If all or part of your group will not be eating a meal, please inform the office so that we can adjust meal preparation accordingly.
- We can provide a simple bagged meal with prior arrangement.
* On a group’s arrival night, dinner time is usually 6:30 p.m. Please discuss your group’s meal time preferences with the office beforehand.
Lost & Found
Lost and found property should be turned into the Inn administrative office. The VCCC will make every reasonable effort to locate the owner of the lost property and return it. Guests who have lost items may contact the office during business hours (M-F 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
If the owner cannot be determined and notified, or if he/she is notified and fails to claim the property after 90 days of its receipt, the office shall dispose of the item (usually donate to charity).
We will NOT keep or mail back:
- Perishable items/Food
- Flammable items (lighters, etc)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc)
- Any item that is not sanitary (undergarments and clothing of a personal nature, contact lenses, contact lens solutions, ear plugs, socks, towels or cloths of personal use, chemical and medical items such as cleaning solutions or prescription drugs, lotions, hair products, make-up, etc)
- Some group leaders may check rooms and collect lost items. Please check with your organization leadership to ensure that someone from your group has not already retrieved your item.
- A donation envelope will be included with packages. Guests are encouraged to remember the time, effort, and consideration it takes to reunite lost items with their owners, and donate to VCCC accordingly.
- Don’t even think about it in the buildings. Vaping and e-cigarettes are included in this prohibition. If there is evidence that a guest has been smoking in a room (including a lingering odor, butts in trash cans, etc.), a $100 cleaning fee will be charged. Please use designated ash cans, located in many convenient spots across campus, for cigarette butt disposal. Please be courteous to fellow guests and be aware of smoking around groups meeting outside.
- We love animals, but because of our National Historic Register status, no pets are allowed inside Valle Crucis buildings. If you have a service animal for documented medical reasons, please make the office aware.
- Please do not move mattresses, furniture, A/V equipment, or other items between buildings. Please ask our staff for assistance.